Thread: Arrivals / Transpac boat sitings

Default Arrivals / Transpac boat sitings

Arrived @ Berkeley marina to have a chat with my boat, and what awaits at the yacht club dock? The gorgeous Maitreya. So that's what an Ingrid 38 looks like. The wooden transom-hung rudder is standalone beautiful, and the boat itself ain't bad, either. I met Popeye and he's better looking than his picture. There was also a blonde in the boat with him, his wife so he says: Corinne, and she was very nice but muttering under her breath about the dog. Something about how she had to drive down from Washington State with Popeye's dog. Apparently the sail down was quite rough, with gale force winds, and Popeye did not have fun. Rumour has it that PneumAddict, the racing machine/Farr owned by Frank Wooten, had its electrical system damaged in the sail down, too. And what of the intrepid skipper of the Capri 25/Back Beat? Kevin Jones is no slouch, but the winds, so says Popeye, have been especially harsh between there and here. Best wishes to you, Kevin. Welcome Jak and Corinne. Apparently Brian Cline/Maris, who is Berkeley Yacht Club's port captain extraordinaire, has been very generous and helpful to them. Of course, after the start of the race he'll become a stone cold competitor.

Capris from every direction! Kevin planned to leave Newport OR yesterday after cobbling autopilots 1 and 2 together and having a 2nd shipped from Seattle. There are a lot of "never taken waves from the bow to the stern before" comments. Pneumaddict was attempting his qualifier. One try down, I'm urging him to go out again when his gear is dry. Would not be the first time a competitor did that.

Marina Village Gate 8 is a hub of Racers: Harrier landed late last week, Scaramouche V 3 days ago, and Fast Lane was launched at Svend's yesterday. Elizabeth Ann arrived over the weekend and Gary beat a quick path back home for a few days more work.

Name:  Harrier - Sausalito.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  93.7 KB

That's curious. I just saw "HARRIER" tied up in Clipper YH, Sausalito.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post
    Name:  Harrier - Sausalito.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  93.7 KB

That's curious. I just saw "HARRIER" tied up in Clipper YH, Sausalito.
    Harrier arrived at Marina Village Yacht Harbor, Slip H-55 on friday, 6 Jun (D-Day). She and I have been there ever since.
    Could there be 2 Harriers?

Wikipedia lists more than a dozen Harriers in the genus 'Circus'. All are fierce raptors, and all are hawks.