Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racers' logs

Default Racers' logs

Will messages from the racers be posted in the "news" section of the SHTP website?

The Yellowbrick tracking is great, but the best part of following the race has always been reading the personal notes that many of the racers share.

Maybe it's just too early in the race yet? Or maybe I haven't been looking in the right place?

Thanks for any pointers,
    www, formerly Horizon, now in Florida and missing the SSS

I see some notes were just added in the "news" link -- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by www View Post
    Will messages from the racers be posted in the "news" section of the SHTP website?
    We'll post everything we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    We'll post everything we get.
    Everything ? Galaxsea said some of his posts might not be family friendly

Hope everyone has a great race but: Go the Harrier….. !!

What happened to Lilya Vorobey on Widmat?
    R Sailor

Our best to all the racers. We enjoyed seeing the boats and watching the start at CYC; my thoughts today are out there with the fleet. We wish all well and a good race, but must root for Bandicoot in his third attempt. But, you got to love it that per YB, The General is currently in first place overall.

Brian: Great job with the website. Is there a way to time stamp the news entries? They seem to be in some odd order.

Tom
    Dazzler

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Brian: Great job with the website. Is there a way to time stamp the news entries? They seem to be in some odd order. Tom Dazzler
    Hi, Tom: that odd order business? My fault. Brian, in an egalitarian moment of weakness, decided that I should be allowed to help post. Indeed, he offered access to everyone in the fleet, too. So what you will get is a hodge podge of postings in no particular order (until David Nabors takes time out of his own professional, full time job, to organize the mess we make). Ah, the SSS. Bring what ya got. I'll bet the Pac Cup is much more organized. I'll bet the Pac Cup has professionals who don't need to watch Word Press tutorials late into the night in order to learn how to post photos. I know that the photographers of the Pac Cup weren't bouncing around like Carliane Johnson and me in Dave Morris' Zodiac with him yelling, "Shoot, girls! Shoot!" and "There's Al! Get another one of him!" and "There's Tortuga! Shoot him just because he's here!" and "Oh, here's another start! Shoot! Shoot!" Nope. Those people in the Pac Cup will have a very organized site and the photographs will be as organized as the Dewey decimal system. And the photographs will be of a very high quality, produced by very impressive, fine professionals. Photos on our site are free to everybody with the occasional reminder to give credit to the photographer. Yup. That's the SSS. (Jeesh! ask a reasonable question and wadya get?!)
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-29-2014 at 10:28 PM.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

In ze Pac Cup, ze Trains run on Time!

<edit> and don't blame Brian for my questionable decisions

FWIW, The Pacific Cup is an all volunteer show. That cool website? A most exuberent early retiree with an inquisitive mind and a killer sense of humor. A more glossy year this year, yes, but a lot of early effort n sponsorship. And a commodore with a different drive than in past years. It's a bigger race. It has more of everything. But no tree. No buckle.