Thread: Is Lightspeed still having trouble steering?

Default Is Lightspeed still having trouble steering?

Looks like Lightspeed may still be having problems with the ball of twine on his prop and rudder. He is waay north.

Name:  Lightspeed 2014-07-06.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  52.3 KB
    Last edited by Robert Stodieck; 07-06-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    R Sailor

Sorry for the delay just checked the forum. Rudder problem turned out to be a fishing net line with a block wrapped around the rudder shaft. Loud popping was block rubbing between rudder top and hull. Right turn was a bad late night low sleep call on my part. I was reading expedition that said a big high was going to hit the fleet and a quick over the top move of about 6 hours would clear Lightspeed and hit the fleet. Morning gribs proved different and expedition basically said whoops you should have stayed where you were. After a dead wind day kicking myself I spend the rest of the race on a beam reach trying to recover. Only had the kite the last 3 days. I may have to do this race again Lightspeed deserves better. Rick

Hi Rick,

Congratulations of finishing the race. Lightspeed deserves better indeed. I hope you will take part of the next one and I hope to join you (read: race against you).

I'm looking forward to catch up and hear the stories.

Dirk