Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Home Galaxsea

Default Welcome Home Galaxsea

Welcome home Dan! I saw your return post about the 13k ride in 30k vary fast for Galaxsea. Lightspeed hit 16.1k in a 33k burst with a double reefed main and my 97%. Crazy as with a kite she normally only goes 13-14k. The moan of the wind was wild. Lightspeed took 45 gal and got home with 5. I think you said you had 300 gal. What did you end up with? Again, welcome home. Rick

Yes!!!! Welcome home everyone that is coming in! Daniel looks whipped, Shelly looks like she's ready for another great adventure! You guys ROCK!
    Susan. (S/V Mouton Noir)

Welcome Home, LightSpeed!!! Welcome Home, Galaxsea!!! Quite a crossing! Shelly, you are tough as nails!

Joe B.

Smile Elizabeth-Ann back in Brookings

Gary and Jak came in a little after 7 am after a 24-day crossing!

Welcome home Gary. Lightspeed enjoyed listening in on your SSB. It took us 17 days and I was beat, can't imagine 24. I know you had limited fuel, what did you end up with. Rick

Thanks Rick, our little net was a lot of fun while it lasted. We actually ended up with about 10 gallons of fuel after agonizing the whole way back about when to burn and when to bob. We bobbed for about 3 days total - and tacked in 5k wind toward our destination for a few other days. Ironically the only glass ball I saw was when we were doing 7k in 25k wind with some help from a low. We did not go back and get it.
    The return much more difficult than the race ... mostly because of the very light air.
    Happy to be home! But already missing the grand adventure

Any news on Frolic? Or when the General got in?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    Any news on Frolic? Or when the General got in?
    Thanks
    Yellow brick says the General is about 70nm off of Santa Barbara. Looks like he may be dropping by Santa Barbara or the Channel islands.
    R Sailor

Is the location of the yellowbrick returning boats tracker a secret this year?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    Is the location of the yellowbrick returning boats tracker a secret this year?

It's here: http://yb.tl/shtp2014-return

Frolic does not seem to have a tracker. Harrier is right now just south of the Channel Islands, and less than a day from reaching her home port near LA.