Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maris heads for home

Default Maris heads for home

Should be departing tomorrow morning from Ko Olina Marina on the SW corner of Oahu, Berkeley bound. Tracking and messaging can happen here: https://share.delorme.com/BrianCline

See ya soon!

Brian

Be safe! Do you have crew?

I keep looking for pretty Maris when I arrive at the marina, but that slip remains empty. I was at Dura Mater today removing my old Barient winches and I wondered about you! It will be good to have you back. Let us know when you approach the gate and we will try to sail out and accompany you back home.

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    Be safe! Do you have crew?
    I do have crew! A friend popped out of the glasswork at the last moment. I'm starting to see the point of this whole crew thing. So many things take much less time. Neat!

Cool! Have fun, we will be following you.

If you hear the words, "those things never go north of 28N", from a weather router, tell them he/she needs to consider asking for a refund from their degree provider.

What the very experienced friends in Hawaii said to me was that while there is no Latitude you can pass and count yourself safe in fact the storms usually had little energy left above 25 N. Julio chased us well above that latitude (but a stern chase is a long chase) when I got home my friends said they definitely had to do some recalibrating. When I lived in the Caribbean in the late 70's the locals all agreed the hurricane season was over after the last full moon in Sept. The times they are a changin'.
    I was totally confident that Scaramouche could survive winds up into the 50 kt range so once Julio weakened to that state I thought we probably wouldn't die. Given that the weather systems are in such a state of flux perhaps we shouldn't be arguing about whether SSB's should be required but whether Jordan Series Drogues should be required alternately have the less seaworthy boats like the Moores and the Capris undertake that they will be having the boats shipped back.

The settings needed to generate these Sea Surface Temperature maps is shown below.

The website is: http://nomad3.ncep.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/...ptype=map&dir=
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    R Sailor

Be safe! Have a great voyage!
    Susan S/V Mounton Noir

Welcome home
    Doug