Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Half Moon Bay 2014

Default Half Moon Bay 2014

Not many boats signed up. HMB will be disappointed in the food and bar sales. I ask the same question every year: Are these the correct coordinates for Colorado Reef? 37 321601 / 122 331391; last year it was pea soup and I ended up just sailing west and followed a fishing boat in.

Jackie, "Light List 2013 V. 16 - Pacific Coast and Outlying Pacific Islands" lists the official position of all government and many private buoys (and is available online). V.6 covers the Pacific Coast (and Hawaii if you're going that direction). Here are the coordinates from the "Light List V.6" for the Colorado Reef Lighted Buoy 26 Fl R 2.5s

37-32-10.023 N
    122-33-09.011 W

I'll email your a copy from the "Light List" since this SSS program doesn't accept TIFF files.

For safety reasons the coordinates for the all-important Pillar Point Entrance buoys are even more important to have accurately in your GPS since the reef just North will sink you. Out at the Colorado Reef Buoy you'll just wander around aimlessly until you either get bored or run out of water. ;-) Pat

Since I broke Kynntana (the gooseneck casting sheared off from the bracket), would anyone like to have crew for a double-handed race?

Carliane

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post
    Jackie, "Light List 2013 V. 16 - Pacific Coast and Outlying Pacific Islands" lists the official position of all government and many private buoys (and is available online). V.6 covers the Pacific Coast (and Hawaii if you're going that direction). Here are the coordinates from the "Light List V.6" for the Colorado Reef Lighted Buoy 26 Fl R 2.5s

37-32-10.023 N
    122-33-09.011 W

I'll email your a copy from the "Light List" since this SSS program doesn't accept TIFF files. Pat
    Thanks, Pat. Here is this year's lightlist:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pdf/light...tList%20V6.pdf

Darned if I can find Colorado Reef. What number is it? e.g. Pillar Point Harbor Approach is #330. I am probably looking right past it.
    Last edited by Philpott; 09-09-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Jackie, Very bottom of Page 35. Pat

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post
    Jackie, Very bottom of Page 35. Pat
    Thank you very much, Professor Broderick! And for those of you who like numeric lists, Colorado Reef is located at # 4155 (along the port/left side of the page).

Looks like it will be a slow race...
    I'm still not sure if I'm going as I need to travel the next day to Europe. If I decide to go, I will turn around and sail back and miss some of the great fun that is part of sailing to Half Moon Bay.
    Is there anyone I can text my finish so that they can turn it in for me?

Thanks,

Dirk - TIJD

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Hey it's the best race of the season. Loading the dinghy into the car tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Hey it's the best race of the season. Loading the dinghy into the car tomorrow.
    Used to be the best race of the season....

It wasn't the race that changed.