Thread: June 2015 Cruise In

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Default June 2015 Cruise In

Hi All

We have floated the idea of a Cruise-In for June of next year (2015). The date should not conflict with the LongPac.

Last year we also had a Cruise In with a TBD date, that was a bit of a non-starter.

For a weekend jaunt, I am personally a fan of Half Moon Bay as a destination. But this question is open for now. Other choices might be the South Bay (RWC?), or ?????

If you think you might go, please share your ideas on this thread.

I'm not sure if Holiday long weekends are good or bad -- some people may have shore-bound family commitments, while others may appreciate the extra time out on the boat. We already have the SH Farallones tentatively booked for 25 May, the Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend. July 4 is on a Saturday next year, and I suppose a lot of people will get Friday the 3rd off work.

I love Half Moon Bay and would go there in a heartbeat, however there are those pesky offshore requirements. Are they still requirements if we aren't racing? What will a cruise-in look like? Single and doublehanded only or more people than that?
    Last edited by Philpott; 11-17-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Is it a Cruise-In or Cruise-Out when you don't have a club facility?

Anyway, it's not a race so it's up to the skipper to equip the boat in accordance with CG requirements and good seamanship. (Imagine that!) Unlimited in terms of crew - at least that was my original idea. Cruise-Outs are a way for socially-challenged SSS'ers to meet members of your family, friends, dogs, cats, parakeets, etc. For that reason, you might not want to make it a long trip across the seven seas. How about Benicia? I know people there.
    Last edited by BobJ; 11-17-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Is it a Cruise-In or Cruise-Out when you don't have a club facility? How about Benicia? I know people there.
    Sounds like fun, I like that direction living north up in Granite Bay. SSS's short course Delta Doo Dah?

I don't have any preferences. Benicia sounds good because I've not been there yet. I just read that Redwood City is dredging their marina; Sequoia Yacht Club is a nice place. There's also Clipper Cove and Treasure Island Yacht Club (mindful of low tide and the shoaling near TI Sailing Center). I could help host and would only need to dinghy over to the raft up.