Thread: Singlehanded tips book now published on real paper

Default Singlehanded tips book now published on real paper

Hi everyone. My Singlehanded Tips book has now been published on real paper by the good folks at McGraw Hill / International Marine. It was printed last week and will be on the shelves soon. I see that it is available for pre-order on Amazon. Just search for Singlehanded Sailing.
    The current free version will stay up on the SFBaySSS website. But the published version has several new chapters and lots of new stuff.

Name:  BookCover.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  14.9 KB

Andy

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

When will Amazon have actual copies? I've had it on pre-order for a while now.

Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071836535

Good luck!

My publisher tells me that Amazon has copies right now. On the Amazon website I see that it now says "in stock" so I expect that you will get it in short order. Thanks very much.

Glad it is finally published. Great book and very generous of you to make it available to us first for free. I don't know how many times I've read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish View Post
    My publisher tells me that Amazon has copies right now. On the Amazon website I see that it now says "in stock" so I expect that you will get it in short order. Thanks very much.
    I love books. I love sailing books. I've been waiting for your book to come out for so long that I almost need it in large print. Thanks again. Of course I'll buy it.

Just picked up Andy's book at our local bookstore (Chaucers in Santa Barbara)

Name:  20150111_144730.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  89.7 KB

Thanks for your comments guys. I'm glad you are enjoying it. The book is selling well as far as I can see. I get a bit under $2 per copy, so I need to sell quite a few before I can get that Class 40 I'm dreaming of. (Heck, with the Global Ocean Challenge gone, why do I even want that now!) There was a small book review in the January Pacific Yachting and there should be a big review in the March Sailing Magazine.

Just ordered my copy. Nothing like a real book to highlight, dogear, and scribble notes in. Been reading the online version for a while. I really appreciate all the information.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

[QUOTE=Foolish;10374]There was a small book review in the January Pacific Yachting and there should be a big review in the March Sailing Magazine.[/QUOTEP]

My son just came to visit, and what did he bring his mother? Your book! He's such a good boy.

Peter Heiberg brought a boatload of his books down when he came to town to do the 2014 Transpac. He was, however, too modest to make any effort at sellling them. Are you interested in bringing a boatload down the coast with you when you do another Transpac? Or maybe you would just like to bring some down, sell them and sign them when you cover the topic of your choice in our 2016 Transpac Seminar Series? If so, we will arrange for some local press coverage and make it a big deal. We'll also arrange for you to have your own Seminar Poster. I'll send you a copy of last year's poster via email.