Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorthanded Midwinters 2014/2015

Stink Eye will go doublehanded. I'll sign up this week.

I'm all signed up. Thanks for suggesting this, Bob!

COOLIO!

(Normally said in front of my daughter's friends to make them roll their eyes - I have no shame.)

Starbuck is in. I'm not sure I would do singlehanded spinnaker on short W/L courses, now that I'm back to symmetric kites and the 13' pole. But if it stays as one big shorthanded division, I like that I could mix it up and sail with one or two, spin or non, on any given day.

David, yes I saw you stick it in the ooze but I thought you got out under sail. Bummer. I thought I had just gone right through the same spot. Starbuck draws 6.4'.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Well, 6.5' is what the sounder said. I thought I drew 6'. The mudbank is very steep there as you can see if you can be bothered to look closely at the chart, as I did not. I fired up the motor right away as I knew the tide was going out. Oh well. Usually I am religious about staying inside the marks! But tacking my 150% is so expensive and I was trying to save myself two tacks exiting the river. Oh well live and learn. Or not.

Lightspeed has entered singlehanded

It looks like we'll have enough boats for two informal divisions within BYC's Shorthanded division. We'll probably have to keep track of that ourselves. Maybe I/we can even cook up some prizes!

Thanks - keep 'em coming!

Trophies: From a previous event plan - we had every one who was willing donate old trophies from any sport. A few mods were made, for example a bowling trophy had a beer can inserted on the top, removing the bowling ball, and we had a very unique trophy set.

To shallow I'm thinking for 7.3 draft....