Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2015 Long Pac - who is going ?

I had a similar idea in 2006 (or maybe it was 2008). I planned to sail in through the Gate from my Hawaii return, turn around and do the SSS race to Half Moon Bay. I even submitted an entry form before I left for the SHTP. When the time came, going back out the Gate was the farthest thing from my mind.

As they say, "Your mileage may vary."

Well you had about 4500-5000 miles under your keel that year versus about 850 for me to get to SF, so I have that going for me.

I see two possible issues. One, I wouldn't be able to attend the skipper's meeting and two, I'm not sure how long it would take to get my 2015 PHRF certificate renewed. The second seems likely doable. I wonder if there are any exceptions or alternatives for the first? Max?

I read through the MER and other than needing to check the dates on some of my SOLAS flares, I'm good to go.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Bermuda 1-2 on a Schumacher 28

Quote Originally Posted by svShearwater View Post
    Random thought for the day...

I'm planning on leaving Bellingham, WA around June 27th for my qualifying cruise for SHTP 2016. I should arrive in SF around July 5th +/- a few days. If I renewed my PHRF certificate and sent in my entry by the 30th, any reason I couldn't do Longpac. I wouldn't complete the Longpac qualifying cruise until around the 28th, but that is like 2 days earlier than necessary, right?

This is probably a bad idea, but that hasn't stopped me before.
    In 2012 I tried to get the club to add a second start line for the Farallon's race, it was late that year. You could try to talk Max into this. In my case the second start line was Hanalei Bay's entrance.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    In 2012 I tried to get the club to add a second start line for the Farallon's race, it was late that year. You could try to talk Max into this. In my case the second start line was Hanalei Bay's entrance.

Brian
    My competitive side finds a lot of motivation actually starting and racing against other boats. I was actually kind of ho hum about doing the qualifier down the coast. It needs to be done, but wasn't very appealing. Now, I'm motivated simply to get the boat to SF in time for an actual race.

Shearwater (who are you again?): Let's discuss and see if we can do a workaround on the mandatory skippers meeting. Sending a PM.
    Max

Sent you an email Max. Thanks.