Thread: Kevin Jones 2014 entrant - rescued with crew on a Hawaii to Oregon return trip

Default Kevin Jones 2014 entrant - rescued with crew on a Hawaii to Oregon return trip

Kevin has had a pretty eventful season. Took a shit kicking coming down the coast to SF in a Carprice 25. Then helped return Scaramouche to the PNW from Kauai (fairly uneventful but the hurricanes kept our interest up) and now abandoning a boat because of rough weather on another return trip. A season like that and I think I would swallow the anchor. Glad everyone is fine and looking forward to hearing the story.

Kevin's home...and unrepentant

neither one of those links worked.

details? type of boat? how many crew? abandoned bc of rough weather or because of major failure/ rough weather?

Ronnie, if you go to Kevins Face Book timeline he talks about the situation as well as the rescue

Kevin has a blog called "Backbeat" worth going to for the whole story of his loss of Hale's Revenge. When he writes he has a real knack of pointing out possible failures in his judgement and all the second guessing we all go through. I have three comments for Kevin (and others who venture forth in dubious conditions) Jordan Series Drogue, Jordan Series Drogue, Jordan Series Drogue. But what do I know, I spend my time watching re-runs of Wheel of Fortune

Late season, not good. The link TO Kevin's "Backbeat" log:

https://backbeatsailing.wordpress.com

And a write up about the abandonment:
    http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=280521772
    Last edited by Robert Stodieck; 12-03-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    R Sailor

that sounds like a pretty shitty time. glad everyone is okay but sucks about the boat. hey, i lost a boat at sea 6 years ago too and i've been fortunate enough to do a bit of sailing since then. hang in there buddy and get back on the horse.