Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiasco 2015

Sounds interesting - with a name like that it could be the perfect 3BF after party.

If I hang the Ibuprofen drip from the boom I could show up for that. We'll see.

You rarely see three Wylie 39's together in any race let alone all singlehanded. Jonathan on Punk Dolphin is the Wylie to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I think a flyer is going out on Friday.
    Here you go:

The deadline just passed. If everyone gets approved it's a new record - turn in that paperwork!
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-29-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Did I miss something or maybe even imagined something?
    During the 3BF skippers meeting in a room packed full of quasi attentive sailors, the question was asked about the start finish line restriction. I swear I heard the response that it was restricted only until after the last start (which would be 1030-ish). The race SIs simply state that the start finish line is restricted. Am I the only one that heard that?
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

You heard partly right - Allen said that he intended to change it to what you quoted but it didn't get changed, so it remains that the starting line is restricted throughout the race.

I made that change after we had a bunch of multihulls finish early in the windy 2013(?) race. They were coming towards the finish while we were still having lunch (it was that early) and we thought they were going to Blackaller. At the last minute we realized they were finishing. The other reason is that boats will cross the line to start, sail aways and then turn around and cross the line again to go the other direction. This is very confusing for the R/C.

If you think you may want to change directions after starting, start out near the pin so you can go out around it.

Default Results. Stories

Synthia. Finished at 4:30. On a Hawkfarm. Wow. Just that: Wow. That girl knows how to sail.

And, not to give gender preference, ONLY THREE other singlehanders finished: Andrew Z on Warpath (PHRF 99), Daniel A on Jetstream (63), and Dirk H on TIJD (99). Impressive. Singlehanded - did everybody notice that? Huh. This is the SSS. Congratulations. What a great job negotiating that bay on that day.

For those of you who like to plan ahead: January 30, 2016
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Only 364 days till the next 3BF!!!! Can't wait!