Thread: Corinthian Race date?

Default Corinthian Race date?

The NOR states that the Corinthian Race is on March 21, but the YRA calendar handout has it on March 28. Which date is correct?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Everything I have says the 21st for the SSS Corinthian. The DH Farallones is the 28th. The YRA Master Calendar is not online yet, but I have a paper copy at home and will check.

This year we seem to have more conflicts than in recent years, i.e. SSS SH Farallones vs. Spin Cup, and SSS Half Moon Bay vs. OYRA Race 8.

SSS HMB and OYRA HMB are combined this year (like Drake's Bay).

Omg!!!!!!!!!!!

OK in the hardcopy 2015 YRA Master Schedule that I picked up the other day, the March 28 date is given on p. 28, 32, and 63. In our ad on p. 77 the date is March 21.

I'm pretty sure that the date is the 21st.

Default It is March 21st

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    The NOR states that the Corinthian Race is on March 21, but the YRA calendar handout has it on March 28. Which date is correct?
    Long story (maybe 20 emails worth) short. While negotiating March dates the initial assumption was Rites of Spring 21st (first day of spring. makes sense) BAMA 14th and us 28th both with ebb so no two courses needed for Corinthian. Heaven. BUT OYC changed to March 14th so it would coincide with their St Patricks Day dance (OMG). BAMA MUST have ebb (OK). So everything changed. Calendar did not for some reason and I did not get rough draft of YRA. BUT Al picked this up proof reading YRA. Told me . SAVED. I told Laura (I have the email) (e in email stands for evidence, remember this before pushing send) so you can't shoot me for this. BUT did not get changed in YRA. Laura only has 650 races to worry about. Go figure. Not first or I suspect last time calendars differ so hopefully all will end well as usual, with lots of boats racing. Making schedule much fun, like splinter under finger nail.

Ah, but St. Patrick's Day is actually a Tuesday this year.

I love the new SSS ad ("It starts with a Fiasco," etc.) It points back to our roots and gives skippers goals - WELL DONE!

Hopefully all date-related issues are resolved, and race dates and Skipper/Awards dates are up properly at

http://sfbaysss.org/main/racing/