Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fiasco 2015

Default Fiasco 2015

84 already signed up. Race Information Officer, Chris Humann, is playing it smart and approving people quickly so he doesn't have to do 300+ racers at the last minute.

205 looksees on this thread and no strategizing yet? Seriously? Where's the trash talk? And why hasn't Outsider registered yet? I've raised my spinnaker 8 times already. I'm ready! Remember, the start line is restricted, the sun goes down @ 5:30pm and the Ebb is 3.6 knots at 1:30pm. Lots of potential for malfeasance.

Aw, you know we're too polite for trash talking on the forum. Best to leave that for the race course ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Aw, you know we're too polite for trash talking on the forum.
    hahahahahahaha the day is young

At least we're all three racing singlehanded - you know, the way the SSS and God intended. Now K's in kind of a marshmallow division but DM has some competition and better bring the big kite and her big girl pants.

I have to beat three Wylie 39's and Dirk's new First 30. Since last year's winner flew a Code Zero for much of the course, I plan to bring mine. Dirk, you got one of those?

(How am I doing?)

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    DM has some competition and better bring the big kite and her big girl pants.
    My spinnaker is 100% of the I measurement and 180% of the J. It's pretty, too.

Trash talk... who needs trash talk when there are so many BIG questions to ponder:

1. Will there be WIND, and if so from what direction and when?
    2. We know there will be CURRENT...
    3. Which way to go?
    4. And in what order...

Good Luck, because we all need it!

Tom
    CLOUD

Wow. 344 registered as of this morning with one day to go. What's the record?

Jibeset shows 368 in 2011.

In case you haven't seen it, here's Brian Cline's video from last year: Crazy!

Marshmallow division?!? Ha. Are you implying that my non-spinny competition is all fluff and no substance? You're just trying to stir something up, ain't ya? Not gonna bite, no siree, Bob

BTW, if anyone has not gotten their sailing fix on during TBF, the next day is the second annual Intergalactic Fubar. This is a social sail to Angel Island and potluck boat hop. We will gather around 1:00 in Raccoon Strait to attempt a short and silly regatta. Then food and drinks on the Angel Island docks or by raft up. Just show up or contact me if more info is needed. I think a flyer is going out on Friday.

carliane at seajayenv dot com

Apologies for any inadvertent post hijackings!
    Last edited by Gamayun; 01-28-2015 at 12:59 PM.