Thread: Longpac Stove Requirement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Longpac Stove Requirement

I recently moved down in size from a 35' boat with a stove, oven and propane system to a 30' Albin Ballad that does not have a stove.

What options are sailors using to fulfil the stove requirement for smaller boats in the MEL? Is there a good single burner gymbaled option out there? The two that I am aware of are no longer manufacturered.

There are some easy DIY gimbaled stove ideas you can find online. Here's a link to a British company that makes gimbaled brackets http://www.safirewaterjet.co.uk/the-...oil-stove.html

Good Luck!

Check out JetBoil. I use one for camping and on the boat. Mainly for boiling water for coffee, tea, and freeze dried foods. I have seen gimbals for them and will set one up myself. Popular on VOR and BRW boats.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

Default Stable Stove Mount and JetBoil Solution

Thanks for the suggestions for the UK Stable Stove gymbal mount and the JetBoil product. They are a really good solution to a boat without alot of extra space.

I believe that the Moore, Express 27 and SC27 racers are fond of the Jetboil system. I was just a moment ago reading about these on Cruisers Forum. Several cruisers had links which you might like to view. (Is this you Steve?)

Hi Ben and Lucie

Yes, I sold Grace in Oahu last year and bought a new (to me) Albin Ballad. Would love to see the links you mentioned.Name:  0106151310.jpg
Views: 3467
Size:  100.2 KB

Oh goodie! A new thread with photos! Congratulations Steve, too. Terry Cobb is now sailing a 30' Albin he inherited from his dad, as I recall. I wonder if he's started racing it, last I saw him was 10/13.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...il-140447.html

Lucie