Thread: Sell me your wind vane

Default Sell me your wind vane

I will soon be purchasing another fine Bill Laptworth-designed yacht, a Cal 29, and am in the market for a good wind vane self-steering gear. I would be very happy with a Navik after watching one steer a Cal 2-27 pretty much all the way to New Zealand. I would also potentially be interested in a Monitor, Cape Horn or Aries, though model will depend.

Curious to see what's out there.

My last wind vane was purchased for $100 from an SSS member. The vane was collecting dust, but fortunately MONGO set it free to kick ass across many miles of open ocean. No vane deserves to lay in a garage and slowly die. Please sell me your wind vane so that MONGO XL can go places.

Thanks you very much,

Ronnie Simpson
    soon to be s/v MONGO XL

Now I see who XL is! Lucie

SSS classifieds strike again! Special thanks to Dave H of 'Domino' fame. His Navik wind vane will soon be my Navik wind vane and will be promptly renamed 'Jean Le Cam' and mounted on the back of my Cal 2-29, which is now looking like it will be re-named 'Loophole'. 'Jean Le Cam' and 'Loophole' will have their first real offshore test on the Baja Haha and then a 2016 SHTP qualifier this winter on the way back north from Mexico, "just in case", as I am getting itchy to sail the race again .

Saw a monitor last week at Mineys in Newport for $1500. Looked to be in good condition?
    Cheers, Mike