Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rocks

Default Round the Rocks

The SI's have a finish "between a red or orange marker on the Richmond Yacht Club race platform and buoy G “7” Fl G 4s in Point Potrero Reach,"

I think I found "7", but can somebody point out where the RYC race platform is? I've never used it as a mark.

Thanks!
    Mike

Name:  richmond.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  109.0 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-19-2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Changed Title

Mike, the race platform is near the second (lower) spot on your chartlet - right at the corner of the breakwater. It's just in front of the Express 27's bow in this picture, and then there's a close up of it with RYC Beer Can guru Eric Arens on it, kicking off our Beer Can season last week.

The buoy is affectionately known as "Killer Green" at RYC. When you pass inside of it you'll be close enough to the platform that it will be obvious (Killer Green is behind the Express in the photo so fairly close-in).
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-06-2015 at 04:25 PM.

After the race RYC invites racers to the club for dinner and a movie. Take a left past the platform and see you there. I think Allen or Al will have more info later. It's not the CYC and all are welcome.

Any word from the front about start order? Are the doublehanded express 27's starting as usual with Flag J? SDK

Start Order and class breakdowns just posted, thanks! SDK

Here are a few fuzzy phone pics from the finish:

Kynntana and Nemesis
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Rock On and a certain mystery boat

Three of my bro's from SH Golf division - Temerity, Ventus and White Shadow

Wait! Who is this?

Seven boats (count 'em) in the OYRA race and 99 in the Round the Rocks. Does this say anything about offshore requirements? And this from an offshore-ready boat person. Round the Rocks was sure fun! Dura Mater likes wind. I got rattled when that blue and gold boat ran up my stern. I was trying to hug the south side of Alcatraz for flood relief, but the blue and gold fella wanted to show his riders Alcatraz up close and in the same space. I was in such a hurry to tack out of its way that I got a wicked wrap and ended up having to duck back into the lee of the island to take some of the load off the jib sheet in order to disentangle it. Aaaaah. Gave me a chance to problem solve. Quickly.
    Last edited by Philpott; 04-19-2015 at 01:42 PM.