Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Singlehanded Farallones 2015

Nightmare (owned by Daydreamer ) is at Richmond Marina Bay so that's close. I may be able to do it this Sunday (full weekend!)

I dunno if my Inspector's card is still valid though. What does our "Organizing Authority" want - a signed copy of the NCORC list, or ?
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-12-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Nightmare (owned by Daydreamer ) is at Richmond Marina Bay so that's close. I may be able to do it this Sunday (full weekend!)

I dunno if my Inspector's card is still valid though. What does our "Organizing Authority" want - a signed copy of the NCORC list, or ?
    Hi Bob,
    If you mean SSS just an EMAIL to Allen Cooper stating you inspected should inoculate Greg from an end of race inspection, note "should". RC always reserves the right to inspect. Greg should also then mark on the entry form, "I have been through a pre race inspection".

Yeah, you better get that card certified. Call US Sailing and see how it is done.

I'll get right on that.

(Yes, SSS is the OA for the SHF, if that's enough letters for 'ya.)

Great, and just to be clear, my authority in this manner is zero.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

I heard if you get pre-inspected then you don't have to take your shoes or jacket off.

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Great, and just to be clear, my authority in this manner is zero.
    I have slightly less authority than you do so we're all in good hands!

Actually that's how it has always worked around here - skippers helping each other out. I hope it stays that way.

Pogs, after I've been sailing all day you don't WANT me to take my shoes off. But yeah, something like that.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Hi Greg,

NCORC responds that they are no longer conducting inspections and that the website has failed. My offer still stands or I am sure we can locate someone in your area willing to assist.

Brian
    Does the NCORC still exist? Jim Q. used to be our man on the committee, but I don't know if that is true any longer. The SSS and the OYRA are the major constituencies by number of races and registrants -- DHLS uses it, DHF basically ignores it, and Spin Cup and Windjammers are really small these days.

Thanks for the quick response !

I will be in Richmond this weekend, arriving Friday afternoon and be there till Sunday mid day.
    I am planning to be at RYC to check out the E-Rudders.

Not planning to bring the boat over since I don't want to take up space for a demo boat.

Greg
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

My friend, Bill helped me mount my Navik, then we unscrewed it from Dura Mater's transom so I can reinforce the transom - only about 5 cm of fiberglass there. There is just one little part of the Navik it that I don't understand. The owner of Constellation, a lovely ship over in the Richmond Yacht Club harbor, showed me his Navik two years ago. Does anyone have his email or phone number? I'd like to step aboard his boat this Saturday to have a looksee. I'd also like to have the Navik ready for the race on the 23rd. Does anyone have experience w servo pendulum windvanes who can advise me and/or maybe do a test sail with it? DM is in Berkeley.

Jackie, I e-mailed Tom Krase's contact info to you. Also, Ronnie might help you with the Navik if he's in town. He's probably put more miles on a Navik than anyone else I know. Also Alan Hebert, but he's farther away.