Thread: How do I change my byline?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How do I change my byline?

I just noticed that under my screen name is "Ocean Circumnavigator." How do I change this? I have no idea how this came to be...and it's rather pompous. I've never circumnavigated in my life!

Settings (top right)
    My Settings (L/H column)
    Edit Profile
    Custom User Title

It could be worse. If you post enough on Pressure-Drop you go through a stage when your status is "Testes Dropping." Good luck w/that.
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-04-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Settings (top right)
    My Settings (L/H column)
    Edit Profile
    Custom User Title

It could be worse. If you post enough on Pressure-Drop you go through a stage when your status is "Testes Dropping." Good luck w/that.
    Thanks. I set it to "reset" to use the default title for your usergroup and post count (whatever that means). I'll pay more attention to how it changes. Maybe I'll be an SSS Global Master. This could be amusing as long as it doesn't suggest I have testes...

BTW, a huge APPRECIATION to everyone on SSS for being civilized (most of the time no matter the gender or the sailing experience level or even when asking silly user profile questions. I have no tolerance for web forums with too many trolls.
    Last edited by Gamayun; 05-04-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Didn't it let you type a unique User Title in the box? Maybe I suggested the wrong spot.

Also, the Admin could change the default titles Alan set up. That could be fun.

(P.S. - Friends don't let friends post on Sailing Anarchy.)
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-04-2015 at 10:30 AM.

I changed mine. Right under the Reset button there's a box you can type your custom slogan into. Reset takes you back to the default titles that Alan set up.

Yes, I did see the box, but didn't want to spend any more time trying to think of something pithy. "Kynntana" was too obvious. (I loathe being obviously predictable.)

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    I changed mine. Right under the Reset button there's a box you can type your custom slogan into. Reset takes you back to the default titles that Alan set up.
    "Desert Rat", good one! But you will always be "Mad Max" to me.

Saracen pig! Spartan dog! Take this! And this! Roman cow! Russian snake! Spanish fly! Anglo-Saxon Hun!

-- from What's Up Tiger Lily