Thread: VHF Handheld HX270S

Default VHF Handheld HX270S

So I won this door prize, a lightly used Standard Horizon HX 270 S, for knowing the answer to a question. (Bob actually gave me the answer when he inspected Nightmare last Sunday)
    I don't really need it (the radio) and it is not rated for coastal races. No DSC or GPS. I have a handheld and a fixed VHF. I suppose I could keep it for backup.
    Also needs an antenna. Has both 12v and 110 chargers.

But I thought it would be good for someone just getting started, needs a VHF, and is keeping within the Bay.

If that someone is you, plead your case here for and opportunity to get a radio!

Greg
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 05-21-2015 at 08:50 AM. Reason: opened the box
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

Jackie is donating hers to BAADS - she says they keep a handheld on every boat. Just a thought.

(I didn't know the antenna was missing - I hope the other units have antennas.)
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-21-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Found the antenna!

Charged the radio. Looks to be in good working order. No way to test it here at home.

If no one needs it I will donate it to BAADS.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence