Good day,
My name is Philippe. I started sailing with the Redwood City sailing club in 2013. I've completed ASA101 to 104. I've sailed on their Merit 25 quite a bit, and enjoy single handling.

A bit more about me: I'm from Belgium, I'm in my mid 40s, I'm 6'6", married, father of one, work in IT.

My sailing experience is all in South Bay, small 25 ft boat, main and jib alone. No spinnaker experience yet.

I'd like to explore ocean crossing. There are a few schools that offer ASA106 but I'm being told that I should first check whether I'm sensitive to seasickness. I don't think I am but then I've never been on a small boat caught in heavy swell.

So ... I'd like to offer myself to anyone looking for crew. I want to learn more about sailing, single handling and sailboats in general.

In my current situation (working, married, father) I'm not sure how far I will take this but the idea of crossing oceans certainly has me dreaming ...

Let me know if anyone's interested in sharing their experience with a newbie. I'm open to cost sharing.

Philippe