Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member

PM sent to Brian and Greg, I have prior commitments for this Wednesday and 6/6. I'll be gone 6/15-21 too.
    But please keep the suggestions coming. I'm going to need many months of OBE (offshore bareboat education) anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Extremely rare occurrences. I think you'll fit right in. We have our awards meeting for the Singlehanded Farallones next Wednesday night at the Oakland Yacht Club (which isn't in Oakland, it's in Alameda) at 7:30. If you can make it, come on over and introduce yourself.
    I've rearranged my schedule and now plan to visit Wednesday. Where/when do I need to show up?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

SSS Meetings are all at the Oakland Yacht Club at 1930.

Oakland Yacht Club

www.oaklandyachtclub.net

1101 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501

upstairs in the bar/meeting area.

Hello ... posting an update on where I'm at these days ...

I've continued working with the Spinnaker Sailing school in Redwood City, where I'm now an ASA101/103 instructor. I'm just this and next weekend taking a Spinnaker handling class there.
    I'm also signed up for two legs of the Clipper Round the World race: the South Atlantic and Pacific crossing legs. I'm half way through their training (two more weeks in July).

I'm now looking for a coach and a boat to help me get to the starting and finish lines of the SHTP 2018. Would anyone be interested? I'm open to financial arrangements. And I do a killer tarte tatin!

Hello ... I won't be able to get my boat into the Corinthians race. Would anyone be open to take me as crew on a double handed boat?

Phillippe, you might try to get in touch with Nathalie Criou. She recently posted on Facebook if anyone's interested in racing a Figaro. This could be just the thing for your racing bug. I don't know how to contact her outside of FB so maybe others can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Phillippe, you might try to get in touch with Nathalie Criou. She recently posted on Facebook if anyone's interested in racing a Figaro. This could be just the thing for your racing bug. I don't know how to contact her outside of FB so maybe others can chime in.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I shamelessly messaged on her on FB ... maybe she won't ignore me :-)

Great! And if it works out, I hope to you'll have one of those tart tatin at the next SSS meeting as a finder's fee