Thread: Gaining some valuable experience

Default Gaining some valuable experience

Excited to say, this Saturday I'm sailing out of St Thomas BVI to Bermuda and then on to Rhode Island! It's not single handed but with some sailors more experienced than I am so I expect to learn a lot.

Trip is DEAD!!! Working through a gout attack which I might be able to still go on the trip with but the straw that broke the camels back is trying to find the correct CO2 cartage for my PFD. West marine in Charlotte (all of them) does not have them and I called several shops in St Thomas and the best I found so far is "We might have it". Needless to say, I have to have this or I cannot take the trip.

There must be hundreds of PFDs avail in the Virgins. Why does it have to be that one? Just curious.....

I only own one PFD and for some odd reason trying to find the replacement cartridge is proving to be difficult. I don't know anyone I can borrow one from and the trip requires me to bring my own. I didn't have enough cash to buy another. The trip, flights and other misc stuff would have taken all my available money. Plus the fact that I'm either on the down slope of a gout attack or it could have lingered. I would not want to be on the trip and not be able to do everything and have to rely on others to help me if my gout gets worse.

This trip was very last minute and proved to be just too much to get everything done in 36 hours.