Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long Pac to test Delorme Inreach and Pinnacle Tracking Web Page - volunteers ?

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    An update on the Tracker uptake. It appears we have 9 entrants who have volunteered. I will order a few extra units in case others would like to take advantage of the system. At this point it appears including private units in the Pinnacle system, at this time, isn't going to be possible due to contract restrictions between Pinnacle and Delorme. They are going to have this worked out in the next few months so in the 2016 SHTP this will be resolved.
    Brian,

Would it be possible for us to validate the system prior to the race? Objective would be to confirm all tracker reports are being correctly received and reported on the map.

It might be possible to do this over the course of the skippers meeting by having each user activate his/her unit for a few moments and verify the map is updated with relevant unit.

If you want a volunteer to help, I would be happy to do so.

Trackers schmackers - is anyone taking an SSB? I'm wondering whether to stick mine back on the boat. No point of there's no one to talk to . . .

Hi Bob, I am presently looking for a boat to stay on at GGYC with an SSB and coming up blank. I was hoping to talk to all y'all as well so . . .