Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silver Eagle Race June 24th

Default Count Rock On in!

Silver Eagle looks great, count me in if we get a single handed division!

I wish SSS had more Bay races in the summer for those of us who don't have the time for the outofbay (outofbody?) experience.

Can we get two more?

I'm also signed up for the YRA series... any takers for any of those?

6/18, 7/23, and 8/13. Two good things about this series: you can pay by the race vs. pay for the whole series and there are two races per day. It would be great to have a single handed division.

Are you going to be a silver eagle or a sam the eagle? Don't be a Sam. Sign up! I did.

Name:  Sam_myspace.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  56.7 KB

And while you're at it, sign up for the YRA series.

I got first place for a single hander * I need some competition.

*Last place among the Olson 25's.

Quote Originally Posted by 255grizzly View Post
    And while you're at it, sign up for the YRA series. I got first place for a single hander * I need some competition.*Last place among the Olson 25's.
    I sure hope John New doesn't remove the marks before I get there. Awards to be presented at 6:30? What is the time limit for the race? And save me some food!
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-06-2016 at 06:23 PM.

The awards are July 23rd. Last year IYC let us crash another dinner they were hosting after the race. If that doesn't happen this time, we'll pile on one of the boats and go over to Jack London Square. In any case, we'll make sure you get a finish.

I'm signed up, but since I still don't have my new AP hooked up (running low on "new project enthusiasm"), I'll probably doublehand.

I signed up.

I sent a request for clarification to the RC, because I am not sure if the 3rd mark, Course 2, will be SC or YRA 34. In the Sailing Instructions, Course 2 indicates "SC", but description of marks includes YRA 34, rather than SC.

Course 1 – (about 38 NM): X-S 16-S E-S 37-P 33-S IYC “F”-P

Course 2 – (about 24 NM): X-S 16-S RR-S SC-P 33-S IYC “F”-P

Descriptions:

X Yellow Sphere “X” Golden Gate Yacht Club

RR Red Rock Island

E RGR F R (2+1) 6S, approx. 3 nm NNE of the East Brother Light

16 “Blackaller”, Yellow Column “C” .2 nm E of Ft. Point

33 Red Buoy "4" Fl R 4s, Oakland Inner Harbor Entrance Channel

34 Red Buoy “2” Fl R 2s approx. 0.5 nm east of Protrero Point Terminal

37 Lash Terminal Lighted Buoy “5” (G Fl 4.0 sec), approx. 0.3 nm E of India Basin

IYC “F” Orange ball, approx. 100 yards NE of IYC race deck

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by todd22123 View Post
    I signed up. I sent a request for clarification to the RC, because I am not sure if the 3rd mark, Course 2, will be SC or YRA 34. In the Sailing Instructions, Course 2 indicates "SC", but description of marks includes YRA 34, rather than SC. Course 1 – (about 38 NM): X-S 16-S E-S 37-P 33-S IYC “F”-P Course 2 – (about 24 NM): X-S 16-S RR-S SC-P 33-S IYC “F”-P Descriptions: X Yellow Sphere “X” Golden Gate Yacht Club RR Red Rock Island E RGR F R (2+1) 6S, approx. 3 nm NNE of the East Brother Light 16 “Blackaller”, Yellow Column “C” .2 nm E of Ft. Point 33 Red Buoy "4" Fl R 4s, Oakland Inner Harbor Entrance Channel 34 Red Buoy “2” Fl R 2s approx. 0.5 nm east of Protrero Point Terminal 37 Lash Terminal Lighted Buoy “5” (G Fl 4.0 sec), approx. 0.3 nm E of India Basin IYC “F” Orange ball, approx. 100 yards NE of IYC race deck
    Todd
    Oh, My! My head is just spinning from all those unfamiliar marks! Now I remember why I'm not allowed in the South Bay races. I'm liable to hit something! Todd, DM and I will just follow you as long as we can see you. Now don't sail too fast.

Uh, yeah. My last post, without the formatting, is unclear.
    I did hear back from IYC R/C.
    Our course will be, as it says in the SI's, "Course 2 – (about 24 NM): X-S 16-S RR-S SC-P 33-S IYC “F”-P"
    There will be an amendment of the SI's to include SC in the "Descriptions."

GPS Coordinates for the South Bay Marks are (approx):

SC 37 46.5 -122 22.0
    33 37 48.1 - 122 20.9

Try raceQs for the silver eagle - I will be sure to use it for the race. Afterwards, we can all compare tracks and replay the race.