Thread: Important! Start/Finish at Golden Gate YC

Default Important! Start/Finish at Golden Gate YC

I've just posted a revised Notice of Race. We are moving the start and finish of the LongPac from the Corinthian to the Golden Gate YC. This is back where we always used to run it before that pesky race with the funny big catamarans got in the way in 2013.
    Max

Any special arrangements to stay at the GGYC the night before? Anyone else interested in hanging out the night before and have a skippers dinner?
    We did it in 2003 and it was great!

Dirk "TIJD" - First 30JK

Hi Dirk et al -
    Skippers dinner the night before sounds great...
    would be great to stay over at GGYC; was thinking much the same myself.

DH

Drop a note here if you'd like a berth the night before. I'll get in touch with Bob at GGYC and see what we can arrange.
    Max

I'm interested in staying at GGYC if others are staying there. Not critical for me so I would happy to give up the spot for boats that have a longer trip to the starting line.

Thanks,

Dirk "TIJD" - First 30JK

Okay, as the PRO I cannot keep my mouth shut and I am doing my best to help Max out too so . . . talked to Bob today at GGYC and the best he can do slip-wise is 2 Tuesday night before the race. He didn't say anything about a price today so I'll clarify that later if there are takers. And I can meet anyone there at some point. As far as a dinner is concerned GGYC is closed on Tuesdays so maybe St. Francis? I'll call there tomorrow and see what's up with them. As a member of AYC I can get everyone in there I think. Otherwise, it's a walk to the Marina district for a dinner in a restaurant. Looking for volunteers to help me with the start and other times too. Still looking for a nice and comfy boat to live on at GGYC so . . . I know, I've got Max's and/or Jacky's too so . . . hoping to score a boat with an SSB so . . . thanks!!!

Good morning, the least I coulda done was look at a calendar before I mouthed off, right? At least I was gonna be early and not late. Nothing about the correct date changes anything with GGYC except we start the race on a day the club is open. I will check with St. Francis today about dinner on WEDNESDAY night. Sorry, guys!!! Start talking to all y'all's "people" about helping on the race deck too, please. Thanks!!!

From 511.org: "Doyle Drive will be closed for an extended weekend beginning Thursday, July 9th at 10:00 p.m. through Monday, July 13th at 5:00 a.m. Drivers should avoid the closure area and use buses, ferries or the Bay Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 1 will remain open; however, expect major delays, especially during Friday commute hours."

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    From 511.org: "Doyle Drive will be closed for an extended weekend beginning Thursday, July 9th at 10:00 p.m. through Monday, July 13th at 5:00 a.m. Drivers should avoid the closure area and use buses, ferries or the Bay Bridge. The Golden Gate Bridge to Highway 1 will remain open; however, expect major delays, especially during Friday commute hours."
    Thank goodness we have sailboats. it would take less time to sail from Berkeley than drive.