Thread: LongPac weight reduction recommendation

Default LongPac weight reduction recommendation

I need to reduce weight aboard. I am currently carrying a bottle each of 12 year old glenmorangie, stoli, courvoisier, and bombay sapphire gin.
    Which one should I ditch?

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    I need to reduce weight aboard. I am currently carrying a bottle each of 12 year old glenmorangie, stoli, courvoisier, and bombay sapphire gin. Which one should I ditch?
    I don't think you are taking this seriously, Mike. Ditch any fresh fruit and vegetables first, of course.

If they're declared on your PHRF application, you have to keep all of them. And of course you must stow two bottles on each side of the boat.
    Of course, the race committee may be swayed after inspecting the Glenmorangie.

Weight schmeight. I'm double handing on Mouton Noir. Give it to us for safe keeping. We'll never notice the weight and only a small, in-kind payment will be extracted from each bottle...

Default Weight reduction?

Weight reduction? I can think of a few other things other than those obviously mentioned that you might want to pass along to your PRO and we can discuss those at the skippers' meeting. I can be bribed!!!

Problem solved. I was informed today I passed inspection. I shall return home and celebrate my way to the required ship lightening.