Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

Thanks for quoting the exact language in the SIs. I love it when great minds think alike. I discussed this option with Al and Max yesterday and right now no changes will be made. Who is to say come Monday what . . .

You might want to look again, Randy is headed our way. Then again, the tracker for LIGHTSPEED has shown him several times headed home and he's not so . . .

Go the Temerity !

Yes, go TEMERITY!!!

Just heard from RACER X who is near Mile Rock coming in. Rich had lots to say which I hope he shares more here or at the awards/shirt party. The main thing I took away from his report this a.m. is that he and Mary were there for the "race" and not to qualify. So it didn't make sense once they got out there and saw what they were dealing with to continue. He says he doesn't remember seeing more than 5K of wind and their boat speed never got above 3K so . . .

BTW, he had an electical meltdown on the way in -- good timing he says. All well now he says and they are headed on home.

It would appear Mouton Noir is returning. Looking at the speed ... she just doesn't sail that fast!!!! ... plus the direction is all wrong
    Guess I'll go get tonights dinner.

Just heard from THE FLYING PENGUIN and he's between the SF Buoy and the Bridge. I asked for quotes and his best one was, "I was prepared and have been prepared for 25 knots and then I get this?" Another quote, "I'm like a 90-year-old man out here nodding off and then waking up going oops, there's a boat. I was drifting in and out of consciousness." And now he's seeing 5K of wind.

Mouton Noir is safely back at Marina Village. Steve Hodges and Carliane have gone through our on board wine cellar and chosen the right one for dinner. It's an Italian wine on a French Boat. Sacrilegious for sure. Susan

Trackers for this race was part of a two race experiment to prove concept. Not everything was set up as it would be in a race. We did this, in this way, to save money. There is labor involved in setting up a web page and the code that computes things like distance to finish, and predictions of a possible winner. The folks setting all of this up agreed to simple contract. This and other aspects will be fully functional, no matter what vendor we choose. I hope the club understands that, as was stated in several meetings, this was an experiment.
    Brian

Thanks for your work and the explanation Brian! The tracker has kept me engaged in the SSS!

I turned all the trackers on in ALameda. They were put on boats on 7/8 (thanks Jan) and 7/9, at the race start. BOats that received them were sitting in their slips or at the GGYC. The only voyeuristic aspect was watching me drive home on 7/8 with 4 trackers in my car. All skippers new they were on, so no hidden tracking going on. As to someone out sailing today ? That tracker was inside my car crossing the San Rafel bridge, sorry.

Default Crazy Rhythm east bound

Crazy Rhythm has finished reading "War and Peace" and is east bound at 3.5 knots. Tenacious he was and being the smallest boat and tallest dude, he must have tired of Yoga also. Hats Off to All of you! The most painful bobbing I have spectated!