Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    That voyeuristic aspect is my primary objection to trackers.

We are renaming it to "The Race Stalker".

I'm not sure which boat(s) will NOT be tracker equipped. It would be good to know, to keep people from freaking out when they don't see it on the chart.

There are still a few glitches on the tracker page that should hopefully get fixed over the next 24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    I'm not sure which boat(s) will NOT be tracker equipped. It would be good to know, to keep people from freaking out when they don't see it on the chart. .
    Having just inspected Southernaire, that beauteous vessel, I can assure all that Sam will not have a tracker aboard. no no no It is not The Burns Way to be stalked. He does have a fishing pole.

I would also like it on the record that, should Sam not make it back, he has bequeathed me his red Indian motorcyle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Philpott; 07-07-2015 at 05:38 PM.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

OK, the touch line is now marked, and off we go.

Since part of this race's tracker is an evaluation for use in the SHTP, please provide your feedback on the 'customer experience'.

So what's the trick to have it show current positions (instead of the straight line of positions from Angel Is. to Vallejo)? I got it to work a couple times but I don't know what I did. Also the spelling . . .

Click on the "TEAMS" tab on the left and then check the boats you want to track.

http://www.pinnacletracking.com/live/Map.aspx?GPLR

Yep, I did that and it displays them in a row from Raccoon to Vallejo. If I click on one boat and wait a second, it moves it to the last available position but I have to do that every time I open the page. How long is the delay David had them use?

Update: I cleared the browser and set up a direct link, and it's working better. It still shows Domino on YBI though - I hope he didn't run aground or something.
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-09-2015 at 10:53 AM.

When I zoom in on Domino she looks clear of YBI. Galaxsea appears to be inside the GGYC spit though. Turning on Penguin's History takes me back to the E coast and I've not figured out how to turn History off without restarting the page...

I love tracking devices. Some of my best friends wear them.

I noticed that the distance left shows over 780 miles........maybe this is the Double LongPac.....do the racers know? :-)

That's part of the surprise we have waiting for them at the finish line -- it's a mark they need to round and they get to go back out and do it again!!! As RC I can do all sorts of fun things to them as the days progress!!!