Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

WRONG again!!! LIGHTSPEED is still heading west. GREEN BUFFALO is home headed for a shower and a nap. He said he looked at the weather and this is not improving out there for several more days and the autopilot doesn't know what to do with no wind so . . . he's fine. He says he's got some radio issues to sort out and that's all so . . . it's cool to have him report to me in person this a.m. while I drink my tea in his in-law unit downstairs. What a gift this is!!!

Rick won't give up early - he just dropped the big bucks on a new main.

That's the third boat to report radio issues. We've been having lots of solar activity - I wonder if that's a cause for the radio problems.

GB was your comm boat, right?

Yep, and now it's MOUTON NOIR. TEMERITY said in an email either this morning or last night DOMINO is also doing some comm work too so . . .

Or the wry...

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Brewer View Post
    Yep, and now it's MOUTON NOIR. TEMERITY said in an email either this morning or last night DOMINO is also doing some comm work too so . . .
    What???? Oh vey the hours we've spent on those (too many to count) comm systems. Arghhhhh. Susan

Frustratingly slow and I feel for them! At least something to see - Crazy Rhythm reported a whale nearby!

It's nice to be able to track their creeping progress!!

What mileage number did the trackers count down from?

Is there a reason why the transponders are transmitting at differing intervals?

J88 Vintus moving at 6 knots around 11:45ish a.m. I think they might be on the left end of the diverging fork with NE light winds and chute up!
    Last edited by Submarino; 07-10-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Default Green Buffalo

[Q GREEN BUFFALO is home headed for a shower and a nap. He said he looked at the weather and this is not improving out there for several more days and the autopilot doesn't know what to do with no wind so . . . he's fine. What a gift this is!!![/QUOTE]

I have been crewing on GB in OYRA races for a while now. When the wind dies and the boat ain't moving, Jim gets bored real quick ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Submarino View Post
    J88 Vintus moving at 6 knots around 11:45ish a.m. I think they might be on the left end of the diverging fork with NE light winds and chute up!
    VENTUS is a new J/88 and very well set up. I know Chris has a reacher in the inventory. If he can get off the breeze much at all, he's gone.

The J/105 is racing in OD trim. David on TEMERITY probably has his genoa up and is staying right with them.

The J/120 is in good nick and is well-sailed. He was the first monohull to finish in the SHF, correcting out to third. Keep your eyes on him.

The J/92 is looking forward to a LatePac.

That's your mid-day LongPac J/Boat report . . .
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-11-2015 at 07:22 AM.

If Bob is gonna give a noon J report, well, I'm not about to be outdone by a J/92 that's . . . So this is your PRO noon report a little late. I left Jim's roughly at 10:30, now in Alameda, shopped Target, the Dollar Store, All the More to Love, now at home and then headed to Costco.

Oh, finally got a comms report this a.m. late from SV MN and his excuse was something called no wind, a bad night, running (not literally) into all sorts of creatures at the Farallones and something about Moses. Do we have a boat out there with crew named Moses? I don't see a boat named Moses so . . .

If Bob is .