Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

Most of the boats are doing a neck-snapping 1.6 or 2.2 knots - so many that I think those are Pinnacle defaults. No worries - the wind for Friday and Saturday is forecast to be . . . 5 knots.

That 800 nm is going to take awhile. CJ may really get her taxes done!

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Since part of this race's tracker is an evaluation for use in the SHTP, please provide your feedback on the 'customer experience'.
    A nice feature would indicate the time at which each boat's position is posted: e.g. when I look at the tracker, what time is it? Brian told me that the tracker "pings" every two hours. Alot can happen in 2 hours. So, when I look at the pretty little pictures, what time is it THEN? Last time I saw it, Temerity was still at the bridge and now David is - ah! caught up with RacerX! (not that I am surprised, but whoa! That's alota catchup!).

I assumed the "Tracked At" time was the last time that boat's position was updated. With a bit of interpolation you can sort of guess where they will be next.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I assumed the "Tracked At" time was the last time that boat's position was updated. With a bit of interpolation you can sort of guess where they will be next.
    I prefer to extrapolate.

Is there any way to get a track to show?

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    I prefer to extrapolate.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. OUTSIDER dropped out already.

Outsider chose not to participate. He accompanied the fleet toward the gate with no sails. Mas! did not start, sent an early email to that effect.

What, no Mas? (Sorry) For the season standings, Greg would have been better off to start and then DNF. Maybe his crew didn't work out.

So it's MOUTON NOIR vs. RACER X for the steak knives in DH . . .

I had crew, provisioned up and liferaft, etc. but decided I didn't want to flop around for 3 days waiting for wind. Looking at the wind speed out there and the forecast I think I made the right call, at least for now.

I could have started then DNF for a slightly better score but I thought that would be bad form so we put up the mainsail and sailed out with the fleet until the shipping channel as the wind lightened as forecast. I hope it's not as bad as forecast for the fleet. Good luck to the folks toughing it out.

your entry did heighten the excitement for the race, Greg. Certainly for the betting crowd. You were the bitters in the old fashioned.