Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

The J/92 is looking forward to a LatePac.
    Along with a J/92S, BennyF30jk, Azzura 310...... plus I'd bet a few more. We need to look at the weather for a nice window.

J88 down to 1.5 kts. Maybe the 6 kts was a fluke or just short chute up. Gosh, I would be going batty out there SH. At least the DH'ers can joke with each other.

As far as the tracker leaving a trail for each boat, hitting "replay" and being patient will eventually draw a trail to each boats current position....for those like me who couldn't figure it out...

Oy. Feeling lucky I missed this.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Bermuda 1-2 on a Schumacher 28

+1 Justin.

For LatePac we need a "be ready by" date and then we hang out and wait. Or just go when you're ready - I went out by myself in 2005. Best sail I ever had.

Last edited by BobJ; 07-11-2015 at 07:23 AM.

I have to admit I would have quit by now if I was able to get out there. Looks like patience will win this one. Cheers to those hanging in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Submarino View Post
    Gosh, I would be going batty out there SH. At least the DH'ers can joke with each other.
    Really? Just the opposite for me. I would be staring balefully at my crew's hateful face*, hoping he didn't feel the need to speak ... hoping I didn't feel the need to speak. SH I think I could stay relatively mellow.

*Not thinking of anyone in particular, honest!

Same here. I found racing doublehanded harder than racing singlehanded. I did not expect this.

Edited to specify "racing." I'd rather cruise doublehanded (stating the obvious).
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-10-2015 at 06:35 PM.

3 high speed tracks heading east... Racer X, Saetta and Flying Penguin!

Notice Randy Leisure is still out there. That man is patient. Probably cooking something good, and biding his time comfortably. Waiting for wind in a Westsnail is a whole lot different than sitting around on a sled. Monday wind is supposed to be 15-25 out there, right? What are the chances the deadline might be extended? The sailing instructions read:

"If 50% of the boats that started have not finished by the time limit, it may be extended at the discretion of the Race Committee."

This may be a race of attrition.
    Last edited by Philpott; 07-10-2015 at 11:44 PM.