Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Tracker Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    I turned all the trackers on in ALameda. They were put on boats on 7/8 (thanks Jan) and 7/9, at the race start. BOats that received them were sitting in their slips or at the GGYC. The only voyeuristic aspect was watching me drive home on 7/8 with 4 trackers in my car. All skippers new they were on, so no hidden tracking going on. As to someone out sailing today ? That tracker was inside my car crossing the San Rafel bridge, sorry.
    That tracker in your car, at a cost of $0.20 per two hours, cost an additional $2.40, am I right? I'll pick up the expense. Your mileage and time? Worth a $$$million. Thanks for all that time and attention to detail, Brian.

Go David....! Only a few miles this AM from the turning point.

FINALLY heard from NINA this a.m. and he was close to Mile Rock at 6:13 a.m. and headed home. He's got to be to work on Monday so . . . everything else just fine. Neither one of his VHFs seemed to work right though so . . . glad to finally hear from him.

Heard from LIGHTSPEED only 55 miles from turnaround he says.

Yay David and Temerity! By my reckoning, he is crossing the turn-around line about now.
    Last edited by Paul Elliott; 07-12-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Any news about Southernaire, the Catalina 309? I don't believe he opted for a tracker.

It's really fun now that I'm back on land to read these posts. I see some of the boats are still racing along at a respectable 1.5-2 knots of boat speed Their skippers' patience is incredible! I am particularly impressed with Jacqueline. We crossed her path numerous times along Mouton Noir's route and she continues to stick with it. I really hope she makes it all the way to the turnaround point.

For us, and despite the hours of bobbing in no wind, the conditions could not have been nicer, which made napping easy. We had whales swimming along at night and exhaling nearby for as long as an hour at times. The night sky also cleared on Saturday to give us shooting stars and a glorious Milky Way. It was really very nice.

The last bit of boat work on Kynntana (ahem) involves installing my new AP and upgraded electronics, and a haul out. I plan to get that all done by end of August. Let's definitely pick a date (or maybe even a couple options to ensure we don't repeat these weather conditions) for the LatePac.

Carliane

He was anchored in Pt Reyes area and heading in after that.

Are there any boats still racing that don't have trackers?

No. Geez, this site said my "no" was too short an answer. Imagine a girl being told she needed to say more?

Default Crazy Rhythm touched dock

Crazy Rhythm touched dock around 9 p.m. Very frustrating out there as the wisps of wind came and went. He is in good spirits and I expect he will be seeking a qualifier between now and Hawaii!