There was a little bit of breeze @ the start and everybody got off well: no laggards. Mouton Noir looked like it was trying to block Racer X - looked like a great dane trying to bump a small laborador aside, but the lab just ran around it. Everybody looked good, well trimmed sails, nobody slow to start. Tortuga stayed inside the harbor to escape the current, then came out impressively fast. Greg came into the Club's guest dock about fifteen minutes before his start with no sails up. We thought for sure he would just raise 'em in a minute the way he usually does, but he only stopped by to drop off his tracker, then motored out to sail a bit with the fleet. Mas! cancelled early in the morning via email, so that leaves just Mouton Noir and Racer X in the doublehanded fleet. Jim Quanci in his signature watchcap raised his jib just below the Golden Gate yacht club deck so we could admire the way he does it (efficiently, thoroughly). I drove out to the Cliff House but by the time I got there only two boats (white sails) were sailing past Land's End - all the rest were already out of sight. Shortly afterward the drizzle was so heavy that the Marin Headlands were obscured as well as all things boatish. So I ordered crab cakes.