Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Drakes Bay

I agree Bob, The only thing that makes sense is only YRA flag F is short handed "SHS" all other short handed racers are registered in SSS divisions. The other YRA starts PHRO 1,2,3, are crew boats with separate starts. We just need to add the "five" SHS boats in Flag F with their appropriate PHRF rating into our divisions. Lets just hope the YRA crew boats understand and stay our of the SHS starts.....

So, now the way I read this, Golf will be a bit crowded with 11 boats [combining SHS OYRA and singlehanded SSS].
    should make it, ahem, interesting...it'll be OK, I'm sure no one will crowd the pin end of the line.

DH

Dave, under my thinking you are correct. The only way this works is if you strip off YRA & SSS NORMAL Division Flags and only use the YRA & SSS PHRF and SHS ratings. Then combine both on the Attacment 1 and reassign new Flag Division A through K for this combined race only....

Here you go - this is on the OYRA page (in Jibeset) not on the SSS page. Thanks for clearing it up R/C!

Drake's Bay Combined Fleet Listing

Has the SSS changed the ULDB or sportboat requirement? How can a Moore 24 or an Express 27 not be in Sportboat?

Jibeset allows you to pick your division when you enter, right or wrong. The Race Info Officer or R/C has to manually correct any incorrect selections before the Fleet Assignments are posted. It appears that step was missed. Probably a case of each thinking the other was doing it.

Death by Outsider or Arcadia, I could pick?

Is a Wilderness 30 a sportboat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tchoupitoulas View Post
    Is a Wilderness 30 a sportboat?
    not by the rule...

Based on the R/C's comments on the OYRA results, there was certainly some confusion about start times.

What a nice weekend though. It was great to see all the raft-ups, even between socially-challenged singlehanders (not!)

Could have used a little more wind. I started motoring (Sunday) when the ETA showed a finish sometime next week. Based on the forecast for Saturday, I took along the Code Zero and was determined to use it. It was the wrong sail about two-thirds of the time but I wasn't going to start doing a series of peels by myself so I stuck it out with the CZ. On the way back I set the big runner instead, and got passed by OUTSIDER and DARK N' STORMY, both flying (yep) Code Zeroes. As usual, doing well in the light-air reaching were the WylieCats, with no sail selection issues to worry about.

I'll post a few pic's tonight.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-24-2015 at 12:33 PM.