Starting to gather up all the regular junk to toss into first aid box.....note to self...get some cipro....

I am no kind of hypochondriac or anything like that, but probably a good idea, for those so inlined, to pick up a dose of ciprofloxin (I believe this is it's name) or some other similar broad-base, kill-almost-anything sort of antibiotic pills.

Not that you are likely to pick up 'bugs' at sea, but in '06 I did get an infection in leg from landing dinghy and splashing around in the water in Hanalei creek. Of course it did not make an appearance until after I had left for the sail home.

Only had a half-bottle of cipro on board so was not able to feed it it as many killer-meds as it may have needed.....ended up 3 days out from Juan de Fuca crawling out of the bunk at 0300 in somewhat fresh conditions to tie in 3rd reef - dragging useless (and really f#####g painful) leg along behind me.

Told leg that if it co-operated a bit better I would take it to the first hospital/doctor/clinic/whatever we could find. Threatened if it did not smarten up I would have to throw it overboard

After a couple treatments of intravenious antibiotic and a couple weeks of more pills, problem resolved itself. Doc had some kind of special name for type of infection, but what is was I don't recall and really doesn't matter

But I think a full full dose of antibiotic when it first showed up may have solved the problem sooner.

Jim/Haulback