Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beach Cat in Singlehanded Transpac?

I doubt that Peter has forgotten what it was like when he was young. Even I don't think I have. The quote about "old and bold..." was originally about aviators. TS Eliot knew about "Cats" so maybe was also an expert on multihulls...????

I was just pokin' fun, Harrier. Of course you guys remember.

But what we remember is often selective! And I can still remember when I thought 63 was old.....

Quote Originally Posted by peter00 View Post
    To defend my misquote above. I was reading the latest edition of Classic Boat Mag. and the editor in the opening editorial used the same quote that Nightmare used only attributing it to TS Eliot. Now who can blame me for trusting the editor of Classic Boat over some bilge rat that belongs to SSS. I think it was Classic Boat, maybe it was Better Homes and Gardens, I also have subscriptions to Poke or is it Thrust, I don't know, I get mixed up
    I resemble that statement!

However the bilge rats are insulted !
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence