Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VHF radio/antenna testing

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Not sure what the interest is here -- I guess I could get the equipment, but we still need a place to set it up, and some coordination. Maybe Sunday AM? This kind of crept up on me as my boat has been OAS and there was not a lot of response to this thread.

???

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Not sure what the interest is here -- I guess I could get the equipment, but we still need a place to set it up, and some coordination. Maybe Sunday AM? This kind of crept up on me as my boat has been OAS and there was not a lot of response to this thread.

???
    I haven't gotten stellar response regarding attendance at the Cruise-Out in general. When I call people or email them personally they say, "Of course I'm coming" - which guarantees them food. Maybe we can coordinate a bit at the Vallejo awards meeting Wednesday night? But only if you were planning on coming, David. Otherwise the whole radio business was Al Germain's idea. Let's dump the organization of it on him. I'll be making dozens of cupcakes. Ain't got no time to think about important, life-saving ideas.

OK, I will almost certainly be there Wednesday. Since I didn't have access to my boat the past couple of months, I did not do any prep.

OK, I will almost certainly be there Wednesday. Since I didn't have access to my boat the past couple of months, I did not do any prep.
    Well, I think we can set you up in style on the deck, Kahuna. There is beautiful furniture: wicker with tables and an outside firepit, umbrella etc. Plus I owe you a big fat fruitie drink of your choice for creating the beautiful Cruise out site. I have not forgotten!!!

Given the relative lack of interest, I think I am going to punt on this test. It may be that some of the SHTP people will be interested to try this at their cruise in in the Spring.

Given the relative lack of interest, I think I am going to punt on this test. It may be that some of the SHTP people will be interested to try this at their cruise in in the Spring.
    Excellent decision, Kahuna. Recall that we will monitor channel 72 on the way down the bay.