Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat survey

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Sorry I thought you were in California. There are a couple here that have not seen much use in the last few years.

Didn't see that one; thanks for positing the link. At this point my focus is on the trip to Texas next Friday and buying that one.

Inorder to become a Muslim you only need to repeat three times (and be sincere), "There is no God but Allah and Mohamed is his prophet." It's basically the same to become a surveyor, "I am a surveyor." Say it three times and mean it and you are one. Saves a ton of money when buying boats.

Same for "riggers" - right General?

Just backed out of the deal The seller was dragging his feet and really ticking me off in general. I was supposed to start driving out tonight and as of right now I still do not have all the needed information to give to my insurance company so I can get insured for the drive home. Very disappointed, it is a very nice Hobie 33 but it just didn't feel right.

Anyone here have ideas on another boat I should be looking at? It has to have less than 8 1/2 foot beam so I can trailer it myself. I have not found any Express 27's on this coast for sale and other than a Hobie 33, not sure what else to look at.

Merit 25? Several of them have done the SHTP - though not recently - and it's 8 feet wide. Much slower than a Hobie or Express though, and you need to look carefully at the keel-hull joint. It gets soft, letting the keel wobble. There is a fairly standard fix; finding a removable cabin sole would be the tipoff that it's been done.

You are so right, Bob. Along with surveyors, I think most belong to some associations of riggers, but there are no criteria that I know of that they have to meet to call themselves "rigger".

I think there are a lot of Olson 30s on the Great Lakes, probably cheap too.

Found a Hobie 33, lift keel, in South Carolina and have buying it (hopefully) October 10th!