Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare's Saga

Name:  IMG_1282.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  825.8 KB

While Nightmare is on the Bay waiting for the next Midwinters, Daydreamer is stuck here in the yard getting snowed on.
    I did build an A-frame to support the tarps. Freezing and thawing wrecks havoc on a boat.

Cheers
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Name:  IMG_1282.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  825.8 KB

While Nightmare is on the Bay waiting for the next Midwinters, Daydreamer is stuck here in the yard getting snowed on.
    I did build an A-frame to support the tarps. Freezing and thawing wrecks havoc on a boat.

Cheers
    poor thing!

Was going to post this on "Pimp my Ride" but that should be for pertinent SHTP related swag.

I started doodling a logo for Nightmare and had a friend, who is a graphic designer, convert my doodle to a vector graphic.

Name:  IMG_0540.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  446.5 KB

We sent the vector, after some fine tuning, to https://boatdecals.biz. No affiliation they just had a good price.
    Finally had some time and nice weather to instal them Sunday after the Cruise-In.

Name:  IMG_1540.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  628.8 KB

Now I just need to get it embroidered on my fender covers !!!

Now I just need to get it embroidered on my fender covers !!!
    Darn right - it's the new SSS thing.

Here you go.

Those graphics look great though Greg!
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-19-2016 at 08:10 AM.

The other day as I was tidying things up at dock a man walked by.

I hadn't seen him before and said hello and introduced myself.

He mentioned he just purchased a Cal 27. I congratulated him on his choice.

He inquired the name of my boat, I responded Nightmare.

He cried "Oh dear God I hope not!!"

Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

The other day as I was tidying things up at dock a man walked by. I hadn't seen him before and said hello and introduced myself. He mentioned he just purchased a Cal 27. I congratulated him on his choice. He inquired the name of my boat, I responded Nightmare. He cried "Oh dear God I hope not!!" Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!
    Boat people. You never know what they're gonna say.

He inquired the name of my boat, I responded Nightmare.

He cried "Oh dear God I hope not!!"
    No doubt he prefers a name with a more positive vibe:

Attachment 1582
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-23-2016 at 02:45 PM.

I am not a follower of the R2AK, but I do like interesting tidbits that come up.

Here is a link to a video of a guy singlehanding a Seascape 18 in the R2AK

http://www.offcenterharbor.com/video...jF8gwcqnhjDQ9k

No Affiliation.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

The Berkeley Midwinters Series last Sunday was a bust on more than one count.

Yes, the wind never appeared, of any significance anyway.

Yes, I was almost out of gas when I headed over there. Made it back with a pint to spare.

The worst of it came when I activated the autopilot and kept getting a motor stall warning and no movement from the actuator.
    Took the cover off and found this!

Apparently it got leaned on. Some of the threads are damaged on the motor side of the planetary gear set that acts as coupler to the housing.
    I dressed the threads and re-asembled it. I tested the motor in and out here at home, but not under load in the boat.
    I'll be looking for another primary actuator and also a replacement gear set for this one.

Hopefully this will work for a while, plus I have the ST2000 backup, which I quickly swapped out for use on Sunday.
    Name:  IMG_1957.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  448.7 KB

T.E. Lawrence

It didn't necessary get leaned on. I had one do that on the way to the Farallones - it broke at the same joint and dropped on the cockpit floor. I looked back and said "Hmm, that's not good." I THINK that's what I said...

Get one of Brian's. They don't do that.