Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Vallejo 1 - 2 Race

I just received the fleet assignments email and they seem to differ from the SI flags vs class. SI has 108 and under as G flag starting at 10:25. New fleet assignments has 108 and under as E flag. Does that mean the start time is 10:15 now?..Thanks RC

I hope this gets sorted out before the morning. I suspect the changes weren't intentional, but clarification would be nice.

Tom

Allen is staying on his boat tonight at RYC and may not have Wifi (it's spotty in the harbor). If anyone has his mobile number you might call him. He may not realize this got mixed up.

Bob, do you know what dock Allen in on? I am camping on Lightspeed tonight at RYC and can rap on his hull and hope he does not throw me of the dock ��. RC has got to have the toughest job with the least pay!!!

I don't Rick. It's a Passport 40 called "Krissy" - I'm guessing near the end of "D".

Encourage him to go with the SI's instead of the Fleet Assignments, to be consistent with the other SSS Bay races this year (slow boats first, after the multihulls start).

end of C

Well I suggest we all listen very carefully to channel 72 tomorrow morning because all I see and hear at RYC at 10:30 is lots of ZZzZzZz! And I am joining them...

Just coming up from China Camp. Looks like a nice day wind at about 10kts Over San Pablo at 0800.

A special thank to the 2015 Vallejo 1-2 organizers and race committees. It was a great weekend of sailing on San Pablo Bay, and today we experienced everything it could throw at us! This was my 30th Vallejo 1-2 (1985 - 2015) and certainly today's final few miles were among the most exciting minutes from among all those races. I'm already looking forward to next year's edition. -- Pat Broderick "NANCY"

I did nt race back as I had to be in the South Bay for a dinner. The trip home was a kick. From the Vallejo Channel to the Brothers I finished a few ends on new lines I had installed, learned how not to bury the end of a loop around a becket in 12 strand poly control line, replaced a collection of ring dings, led new reefing lines, and then at the brother the wind started to really fill. By Angel I was reaching off with a pleasant breeze, the slot quickly built to the mid 20's, at the west tip of Treasure the winds were indicating gusts to 35 true. From the Bay Bridge to Hunters point winds were in the 20's and warm. The last leg to Brisbane, passing through the shadow of the San Bruno gap, the winds again piped up to +30. It is a rare day when the boat hits those speeds and one gets to sit on the rail in a tee shirt watching the city skyline fade to the north. A really nice two day of sailing. Thanks.