Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorthanded Midwinters 2015/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Luau skirts? Coconut bras? Sarah is welcome to join us on DM, with or with out the outfit, but forewarn her of the skimpier accommodations compared to Kynntana's more spacious berthing arrangements.
    That's really nice of you to offer, Jackie, but Sarah has her son on Saturday, too. They know about the SSS cruise out, but we haven't yet convinced him that sailing around all day and then getting crammed into a berth for the night are super fun things to do. Seriously. What's the matter with kids these days...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanikai View Post
    I'm wondering if there is any single/short handed racing this winter. I don't see anything along these lines on the BYC Chowder site, so I guess all the fun you guys had last year is not available this year?
    A-ha, it's the BYC Midwinters that has short-handed races, not the Chowder. I assume a few more SSS boats will accompany Nancy on the roster before the first race...hopefully even mine.
    But I haven't done the PHRF thing yet. I assume I pony up $100 to certify my Cal 2-27 for the rest of the year and do it again in January? And if, mid-series, I find a proper big ol' winter jenny to replace my little 95% summer jib, I'll have to get a new certificate & rating, or amend the existing one, or? How's this stuff work?
    -Adam
    Yes, "NANCY" is signed up, but for the PHRF Full-Crew races on Saturday. I believe the Shorthanded Races are only available on SUNDAY according the the NOR and sign up forms. -- Pat B.

Stink Eye plans on doing both days. Crewed on Saturday and doublehanded on Sunday. We both have separation anxiety so singlehanded is a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    You know Bobbi, Bob G, et al better than I do. And you have those lemon things.
    Lemon bread, Bob. Lemon bread.

Default Berkeley Midwinters!

The Berkeley midwinters are coming up. They have short-handed racing on Sundays (1155 warning, starting at buoy XOC). If we get enough single handers, maybe we have our own division? (Great idea Jackie!) That would mean the following Sundays:

11/15/15
    12/13/15
    1/10/16
    2/14/16
    2/28/16 (champion of champions)

NOR and registration here: http://www.berkeleyyc.org/race/berke...ters-2015-2016.

It's $80 to just do the shorthanded races. Sign up if you can!

Tom
    Rock On

Rags is in.

Okay, it's official: If you like your singlehanded midwinters, you can have your singlehanded midwinters. Sign up here and click on SINGLEHANDED. Hooo whee! When was the last time you saw a Midwinters series with a singlehanded division?

http://byc.regattalog.com/midwin

Be sure to check the start time for the Cruise In.

Redsky will make it out to the BYC MW.

Update on BYC Midwinters entries: We're at 10-11 shorthanded entries of which 4-5 are singlehanders. Not all of you have actually registered yet.

We had a total of 20 last year so get your wiggle on:
    http://byc.regattalog.com/midwin

The R/C decides November 9th who gets separate starts so register early and often, and before that.

Thanks!