Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Transpac Seminars

I am down with a killer cold so can't make wed meeting. Here are some pictures of Lightspeeds erudder a Gordie Nash special. Lightspeed will not be doing the race so I would consider loaning it to a +/-40' boat with similar stern (Kynntana?)....RickName:  IMG_0147.JPG
Views: 947
Size:  105.5 KBName:  IMG_0148.JPG
Views: 976
Size:  99.2 KBName:  IMG_0149.JPG
Views: 957
Size:  101.7 KB

Hmm, that looks really sturdy. This is the certainly in the shape of my stern but there's another 2 feet of sugar scoop the E-rudder bars would have to extend over to get to the water. I am planning to install a Monitor windvane and the easiest idea was to go with Scanmar's M-Rud, but I just heard the other day that Al Germain could not steer with his M-Rud!! I'd be interested in hearing about his progress on that. I'd also be interested in hearing if anyone has ever used a Jordan Series Drogue for this purpose? I don't suppose that would qualify as a true emergency rudder, but it's something I'd like to know more about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Hmm, that looks really sturdy. This is the certainly in the shape of my stern but there's another 2 feet of sugar scoop the E-rudder bars would have to extend over to get to the water. I am planning to install a Monitor windvane and the easiest idea was to go with Scanmar's M-Rud, but I just heard the other day that Al Germain could not steer with his M-Rud!! I'd be interested in hearing about his progress on that. I'd also be interested in hearing if anyone has ever used a Jordan Series Drogue for this purpose? I don't suppose that would qualify as a true emergency rudder, but it's something I'd like to know more about.
    There is another thread in the "Shorthanded Sailing" Forum about e-rudders and using drogues. You might find that helpful.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Bermuda 1-2 on a Schumacher 28

Hey, who's in charge of the shindig this evening?

OYC wants to get the word out that we will be meeting upstairs tonight so we don't bust their fire code on people crammed into the small room. Apparently, the last seminar was quite popular.

This is the SSS - nobody is in charge. Or everyone is.

Just like on your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    This is the SSS - nobody is in charge. Or everyone is.

Just like on your boat.
    That Jim Quanci, he's such a draw! Everybody wants to hear what he has to say. Here is the crowd at Jim's The Return Trip presentation. He makes it look so easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Yep, very nice presentation and discussion. It might be the only time in my life I ever decide to buy a case or two of bottled water...

We also probably didn't exceed room capacity limits with that crowd because I see a few feet of empty space. At least until Brian sat there