Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Navico 5000 Free

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    I tried, but could not figure out how to get the remote apart without destructive measures.
    Now you know - you should have used a white cup hook.

I think the white cup hook is just a red herring. Jackie is testing us in our problem solving skills.

I agree with BobJ's advise that making a secure reconnection of the the red/blue wire connector may just do it. On one occasion, I found that connector loose.

I think the white cup hook is just a red herring. Jackie is testing us in our problem solving skills. I agree with BobJ's advise that making a secure reconnection of the the red/blue wire connector may just do it. On one occasion, I found that connector loose.
    You guys kill me! I have no idea what you are talking about! "white cup hook"? Whaaaa? To paraphrase: "Take my autopilot! Please!"

This may have legs. Don't blow it people.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    You guys kill me! I have no idea what you are talking about! "white cup hook"? Whaaaa? To paraphrase: "Take my autopilot! Please!"
    Look at the picture again....you'll see it

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Look at the picture again....you'll see it
    Every party has a pooper. I had plans . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Every party has a pooper. I had plans . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    This may have legs. Don't blow it people.
    Bob, I'm not sure where you were going, but it's pretty obvious that the white cup hook was in the photo as obfuscation. In any photo the eye is quickly drawn to the the light colors. I'm convinced that JP was throwing us a curve with the white cup hook.

Bob, I'm not sure where you were going, but it's pretty obvious that the white cup hook was in the photo as obfuscation. In any photo the eye is quickly drawn to the the light colors. I'm convinced that JP was throwing us a curve with the white cup hook.
    This forum. I can never figure out why one thread triggers a response while others don’t. For instance, why the fascination with an image of a white cup hook? Dunno. One interpretation is that singlehanders are detail-oriented individuals who are able to problem solve using practical items aboard their boats in ways that may possibly save their lives offshore. An alternative scenario is that it has been raining here in the Bay Area and no one can sail, so SSS members are reading this forum with itchy fingers. Remember that, before Robin Knox-Johnson left for his solo circumnavigation, he was interviewed by a psychologist, who announced him “distressingly normal”. So you can never really tell.
    Here’s another image for those of you who would like to be psycho-analyzed by singlehanded sailors. What do YOU see?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

a white cup hook