Thread: Navico 5000 Free

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Navico 5000 Free

This came installed when I bought Dura Mater. I took it apart to see how it worked but didn't re-install it. Does anyone want it?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Did it work before you took it apart?

Quote Originally Posted by skatzman View Post
    Did it work before you took it apart?
    Yes, but then it stopped. If I were an electrical engineer I could probably figure out which little doo-hicky came undone, but I'm not. Maybe you can, Steve?

Did you unplug the motor (the red plug)? But I'm just a bean-counter so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Did you unplug the motor (the red plug)? But I'm just a bean-counter so what do I know?
    Do you mean the red wire? Brian Cline (s/v Maris, Transpac 2014) un-did that when he installed my new TP 1000 for me. That was the one I had before my beauteous Pelagic. Thank you again, Brians.

No, the red and blue wires on the inside. In the bigger photo:

1) Turn the left hand half end-for-end and snuggle it right up against the right half.

2) Grab the little red plug that's next to the motor and plug it into the other end of the white thing where the red and blue wires plug in on the right half. A little bit of dielectric grease might be good on it first. It might snap in and lock (hopefully).

3) Put the two halves back together, first carefully fitting that red gasket between the halves to keep the water out.

Bob might be your uncle (not me, that other Bob).
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-06-2016 at 04:23 PM.