Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Safety at Sea Seminar

Quote Originally Posted by K38Bob View Post
    Overview of safety at sea approaches, options http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/...6-03-14#Story4
    Sorry for the intrusion but since we are getting questions from SSS members, SAS is not required for DHF but is recommended. Online readings (pg 4 NOR/SI) are required for both crew members (skipper and crew in other words). Early discount ends March 20th.

From the above link
    " BAMA's Doublehanded Farallones, which occurs on March 26 before any of the above, does not require attendance at a Safety at Sea seminar, but does require no-fee online readings for both skipper and crew. "BAMA also offers an archive of incidents (reportedly unique in the USA) and a skippers meeting to cover relevant topics," says Bob Naber, the DHF regatta chair. See www.sfbama.org. "

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Thank you!

I completed the on line supplement for the hands on SAS course this weekend.
    Spent about 8 hours over three days. Not difficult, I'm just not a fast reader.
    Final score of 98% with two incorrect answers. One I misread and the other I just got wrong.
    Most of the multiple guess questions were pretty obvious.

Signed up for the hands on course at Encinal YC May 15. The day after SH Farallones.

Seems like a pretty good way to get it all done.