Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Three-Bridge Fiasco Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Are you one of those results-driven types? (Yes, I keep checking too.)

I think that's how Ray builds up Jibeset's hit count: "No, no, let's wait 'til I get 10,000 hits. Okay, NOW you can post the results."
    Well, he must have gotten 1000 hits from me alone....AND NO, I AM CERTAINLY NOT RESULTS DRIVEN!!!!! I'm a tad competitive. In a cruising boat. Perhaps with a touch of obsessive compulsiveness.

Thanks Carliane, nice shot!

The race committee is responsible for posting race results. Ray was on the course. Early this morning he was already informing me that Crews Nest had beaten Itinerant by 11 minutes and Dura Mater by 18.
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-31-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Smile

Grateful to the race committee for another year of managed (barely) mayhem: Yes I am, very!
    Grateful for a fantastic day racing on San Francisco Bay in January while boats on the East Coast are out of the water and shrink wrapped in plastic: Guilty but unrepentant!
    Grinning all day Sunday thinking about what a good day Saturday was?: Guilty, unrepentant.
    Obsessively checking Jibset for the results of the race?: Guilty as charged, somewhat repentant.
    Count of muscles made sore by getting the #1 off the deck, and the #3 flying to keep Tom on Rock On! from passing (And failing): All, every one!

Thanks to Black Jack for some great footage of shorthanded sailors in their natural environment! You provided my first view of FUGU sailing from outside the boat, thanks! (Racoon Straights, sail #67967).

Just the facts: CW, Racoon Straights, around Red Rock before the black hole formed (Did anybody think to call Steven Hawking?), too far east when the westerly filled in. No relief from the tide, that I found on the city front .

Preliminary results are on Jibset!!

Well done Chris and Fugu! I thought just maybe I got second in class after Jim Q, but then I recalled that I didn't see you after you passed at Blackaller.

Many thanks to the race committee. The radio work from Kristen, Allen and other voices that I didn't recognize was particularly efficient and professional.

It was especially thoughtful of the RC to shut down the wind for an hour so that we could enjoy a stressfree lunch break.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Good on Kynntana, very nice showing!

The Olson 34 fleet, not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post

It was especially thoughtful of the RC to shut down the wind for an hour so that we could enjoy a stressfree lunch break.
    Exactly!!! Slightly damp Pepperidge Farm cookies and coffee on Dura Mater

Ham and cheese.

It wasn't stress-free though since I set the reaching kite and went inside everybody around Red Rock. I could have touched the rocks sticking out on the NW corner. No guts, no glory . . .