Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Three-Bridge Fiasco Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post
    Wind beginning to look more 3-Bridge "normal" - mostly NW between 9 and 121 knots.
    Whoa, Nellie! Time to reef.
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-26-2016 at 12:07 PM.

I guess I left the "0" off of 90. Just to make things more interesting of course. Now NOAA has 12 out of the south. Pretty boring.

Well, I say phooey to predictions. Today was supposed to be 5 knots with possible rain, but it was 5-15 on the Olympic Circle with blue skies. Very nice day to sail and practice with the spinnaker. When I hauled DM out for a new bottom job I realized she has a three blade propeller rather than a two blade. When I pointed this out to Laura at YRA my rating changed from 210 to 213. Who knew? That explains so much. Now DM and I will be much more competitive ;-)

There's that song the radio begins playing in late November that goes, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . ." And then there's the song we begin singing near the end of January, "It's beginning to look a lot like a normal 3-Bridge Fiasco . . . ." So much promise with 20+ wind forecasts early on; less than 6 knots promised later. Sort of like fantasizing that the present under the tree is a Lionel train set, but opening a box of underwear instead. Still 4 days to hope and dream, but it looks like NOAA isn't playing Santa with his bag of toys again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Well, I say phooey to predictions. Today was supposed to be 5 knots with possible rain, but it was 5-15 on the Olympic Circle with blue skies. Very nice day to sail and practice with the spinnaker. When I hauled DM out for a new bottom job I realized she has a three blade propeller rather than a two blade. When I pointed this out to Laura at YRA my rating changed from 210 to 213. Who knew? That explains so much. Now DM and I will be much more competitive ;-)
    Jackie, The next time you run into Lee Helm at the BYC, ask her (errr, I mean him) to do the math on a 3-blade prop vs a 2-blade prop vs a sexy folding prop. On second thought, don't. Just appreciate that extra minute you have to win the 3-Bridge this weekend. Who knows?

3BF Live tracking? - sorry new subject, but also 3BF related.

Does anybody know if there is a site with live tracking for 3BF?
    Down in LA the PSSA is using Kattack for the live tracking and it is very popular not only with racers, it is actually very addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry D View Post
    3BF Live tracking? - sorry new subject, but also 3BF related.

Does anybody know if there is a site with live tracking for 3BF?
    Down in LA the PSSA is using Kattack for the live tracking and it is very popular not only with racers, it is actually very addictive.
    Yeah, this could be really fun. I'm not aware of any live tracking, but perhaps we can all agree to turn on RaceQs. My problem is that I usually forget to do this until about halfway through any given race.

http://raceqs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Yeah, this could be really fun. I'm not aware of any live tracking, but perhaps we can all agree to turn on RaceQs. My problem is that I usually forget to do this until about halfway through any given race. http://raceqs.com/
    Is that a channel on my new DCS Standard Horizon handheld VHF? Carliane, I don't see you signed up yet. Are you just going to languish aboard drinking coffee while we all float by the entrance to Clipper Cove?
    Last edited by Philpott; 01-27-2016 at 05:11 PM.

http://raceqs.com/
    That's a cool app - with live broadcasting, it will automatically detect all the boats in the area that are using live broadcasting and adds them to the live feed.
    This could be a great test to see 300 boats live tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Is that a channel on my new DCS Standard Horizon handheld VHF? Carliane, I don't see you signed up yet. Are you just going to languish aboard drinking coffee while we all float by the entrance to Clipper Cove?
    I just done the deed and still have 2 hours to spare. It's not healthy to be too early about deadlines, right Bob?