Quote Originally Posted by The Smokester View Post
Can someone chime in with the largest typical file size they have downloaded with the Iridium Go!? I don't see file restarts either.
I am using Sailmail/Airmail on Beetle's laptop to send/receive email and attachments through Iridium GO, file sizes are typically 20K, the big ones are 65-80K. Note that this approach utilizes Sailmail/Airmail capabilities to manage dropped satellite connections and mid-file restart.

I have sent photos from the boat using the Iridium GO Mail & Web App running on my Android "smart phone", this approach does use Iridium's built-in connection and file handling - large photos were 100K though I try to keep them smaller than that (e.g., resize, strip EXIF data, etc.).

I know of one person that was able to download a 900K file over Iridium GO. While it took a long time to do the transfer it was very important to them to get that particular .pdf document to their boat.

I believe the Iridium Mail & Web App default file size limit is 50K, anything larger is directed to what Iridium Mail terms Big Mail and won't be sent over the satellite connection to the GO. The setting, if I recall correctly, is in the App's User Settings under the Limit inbound & outbound file sizes (maximum is 1M). You might want to play with that and do some testing; I would highly recommend testing without using SailGrib to verify you can send/receive a large file via email to yourself - say a 100k grib file as an emai attachment. When you know that works, then bring SailGrib into the loop and demonstrate that the functionality is replicated.

- rob/beetle