Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: Interested in a boat for 2018 TransPac

Since it's Thanksgiving I thought I'd take a minute to give thanks to this forum and members to help me accomplish what is one of the most significant projects I started.
    P___/)___J

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Since it's Thanksgiving I thought I'd take a minute to give thanks to this forum and members to help me accomplish what is one of the most significant projects I started.
    I'll add my thanks to yours to the folks here that were so generous with their time and knowledge. And I'll also say thank you to you, PJ. It was a lot of fun to follow your thread during my own prep for the 2018 race. And if your RTW plans take a little while to come into focus, keep this in mind: The third Saturday of June 2020 is only 577 days away.
    Last edited by AZ Sailor; 11-21-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

A presentation I did yesterday at the sailing school about single-handed sailing: https://docs.google.com/presentation...t?usp=drivesdk
    P___/)___J

I haven't kept a great record of what I sold when I got back home; now that the trailer is sold the cost for this race was $22,600. So my rule of thumb for the race would be $750/foot of LOA. The smallest boat that can enter is 20 foot. So $15,000 would seem to be the barrier of entry. That's with no new sail.

Oh look ... a Cal-20 for free: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...776074744.html

There's even a book about setting up a Cal-20 for the SHTP: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Feather.../dp/1440191964
    P___/)___J

Hi there,
    I looked everywhere and couldn't find any pictures of the awards ceremony for the SHTP. Would you have some pictures of when I was handed the main award, maybe blowing in the conch shell?
    PJ
    P___/)___J

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Hi there,
    I looked everywhere and couldn't find any pictures of the awards ceremony for the SHTP. Would you have some pictures of when I was handed the main award, maybe blowing in the conch shell?
    PJ
    You blew a conch shell? I left before the party, otherwise you KNOW I would have photos. Email Christine @ Latitude. I’ll bet she’ll have high res images.